As an Independent Power Producer of energy, serving an expanding energy market, we strive to create benefits for people, the environment, the economy, and to build value for our Shareholders.
Cennergi is committed to a clean, safe and healthy environment, and we shall operate our facilities in an environmentally sensitive and responsible manner by pledging to the following:
- Continuous improvement that enables Environmental sustainability;
- Minimising and preventing pollution;
- Complying with applicable legal requirements and other requirements to which Cennergi subscribes which relates to our environmental aspects;
- Promoting and sustaining an environmentally responsible culture; and
- Respecting people’s culture and heritage.
Cennergi will achieve this by:
- Adapting and implementing an Environmental Management System based on ISO14001:2004;
- Liaising with the relevant authorities and institutions on legislative issues, standards and their implementation;
- Comply with the requirements and spirit of applicable environmental laws and striving to exceed required levels of compliance wherever feasible;
- Developing a culture of environmental sustainability through active leadership and providing appropriate training at all levels to ensure that our employees meet environmental standards and obligations;
- Conserving natural resources by improving efficiency and reducing wastage;
- Considering energy efficiency and our carbon footprint in all business decisions;
- Actively communicating this policy to all stakeholders by suitable means and periodically review its relevance in a continuously changing business environment; and
- Ensuring that resources are available for the implementation of the above.
Occupational Health and Safety
Cennergi is committed to establishing and maintaining a healthy and safe working environment in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act no. 85 of 1993, by pledging to the following:
- Prevention of personal injury and ill health to our employees and stakeholders;
- Maintaining and continuously improving of our management system and performance;
- Total compliance with all applicable occupational health and safety regulations and other requirements Cennergi subscribes to that relate to our OH&S hazards;
- Establishing protocols and the continued monitoring of Cennergi’s OH&S objectives and programs , and
- Promoting dialogue with stakeholders regarding Cennergi’s OH&S performance.
Cennergi will achieve this by:
- Adapting and implementing internationally recognised OH&S management systems;
- Developing a culture of safety through active leadership and providing appropriate training at all levels to enable employees to fulfil their Health and Safety obligations;
- Benchmarking our OH&S performance with international industry best OH&S practices;
- Incorporating appropriate health and safety criteria into business decisions for selection of technology and contractors and the performance appraisals of individuals;
- Actively communicating this policy to all stakeholders by suitable means and periodically reviewing its relevance in a continuously changing business environment; and
- Ensuring that resources are available for the implementation of the above